Senior HR professionals face a different set of challenges than other members of the HR Department. Knowledge of HR strategy, systems, practices, and regulation is important for senior HR but not adequate to perform in this role. Behavioral competencies, such as providing leadership and behaving ethically, are equally important, as are business acumen and the ability to build relationships with business partners and other stakeholders. This course discusses the advanced and more strategic aspects of four HR behavioral competencies: Leadership and Navigation, Ethical Practice, Business Acumen, and Relationship Management. The content in this course is based on the Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK), 2015 of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). While the course helps learners to prepare for the SHRM-CP/SCP certification exams, it is equally useful for HR professionals who want to develop capabilities for improving their effectiveness in the workplace and advancing their career.
This course is aimed at senior-level human resource professionals, HR managers, and all individuals preparing for the SHRM-SCP certification examinations of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Compensation and benefits analysts, administrators, staffing managers, and recruiters will also have interest in this certification path. Courses in this curriculum are created keeping in mind certification as well as noncertification users of the content. While the curriculum helps learners to prepare for the SHRM certification exams, it is equally useful for senior HR professionals who want to develop capabilities for improving their effectiveness in the workplace and advancing their career.
Advanced HR Management: Competencies for Senior HR Professionals Part I
- identify the characteristics of a competency
- recognize examples of leadership and navigation attributes required in senior HR professionals
- recognize behaviors indicating proficiency in leadership and navigation in senior HR professionals
- demonstrate your understanding of the attributes and behaviors that demonstrate proficiency in HR leadership and navigation
- identify behaviors indicating proficiency in ethical practice in senior HR professionals
- match examples of ethical practices to HR processes
- demonstrate your understanding of how to apply ethical practice in an HR setting
- identify what senior HR professionals must know about an organization to build their business acumen
- recognize examples of behaviors indicating business acumen proficiency in senior HR professionals
- demonstrate your understanding of what business acumen encompasses and how to demonstrate proficiency
- recognize the importance of relationship management in different areas of HR
- recognize how senior HR can integrate relationship management into stages of the employee life cycle
- demonstrate your understanding of the key role relationship management plays in HR and how proficiency in the competency is demonstrated