As internal consultants and trusted advisors, senior HR professionals provide advice, counsel, and guidance to business partners and other stakeholders. These HR practitioners are also involved in extensive problem solving and decision making, processes that require a thorough critical evaluation of the issues at hand. In a highly globalized world, senior HR professionals must have a global mind-set and an appreciation of cultural diversity. Communication – the ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders – is another crucial competency for senior staff. In this course, you’ll learn about four essential competencies for senior HR professionals: consultation, critical evaluation, global and cultural effectiveness, and communication. The course also presents examples of how skilled HR professionals apply these competencies in the workplace. The content is based on the Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK), 2015 of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). While the course helps learners to prepare for the SHRM-CP/SCP certification exams, it is equally useful for HR professionals who want to improve their effectiveness in the workplace and advance their careers.
Senior-level human resource professionals, HR managers, and all individuals preparing for the SHRM-SCP certification examinations of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM); compensation and benefits analysts, administrators, staffing managers, and recruiters will also have interest in this certification path. Courses in this curriculum are created keeping in mind certification as well as noncertification users of the content. While the curriculum helps learners to prepare for the SHRM certification exams, it is equally useful for HR professionals who want to improve their effectiveness in the workplace and advance their careers.
Advanced HR Management: Competencies for Senior HR Professionals Part II
- identify common areas of consultation for senior HR professionals
- identify the behaviors that indicate proficiency in consultation for advanced HR professionals
- demonstrate your understanding of competency in HR consultation
- recognize examples of behaviors indicating proficiency in critical evaluation
- recognize the process of critical evaluation as it applies in HR
- demonstrate your understanding of how to apply critical evaluation
- define cultural competence
- identify the dimensions of Hofstede’s model that define cultural differences
- demonstrate your understanding of how global and cultural effectiveness applies in HR
- recognize examples of how strong communication competency helps senior HR professionals
- identify behaviors indicating proficiency in effective communication for senior HR
- demonstrate your understanding of how senior HR professionals communicate effectively within the organization