Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into working with user interface and security in SharePoint This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-576: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications. Passing this exam will earn the learner (MCPD): SharePoint Developer 2010 certification.
The audience for this path includes developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants who provide consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Candidates for the exam should have a the following prerequisites: Exam 70-573: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development, 3 years ASP.NET experience, 2 years experience developing with SharePoint 2007, and experience leading a development team.
- recognize how to use XML and XSL in SharePoint 2010
- work with dialogs and the notification area
- work with the client object model and jQuery approaches in SharePoint 2010
- recognize and implement some of the new features in SharePoint Designer 2010
- describe the new workflows and recognize how to connect to data sources in SharePoint Designer 2010
- recognize when to use SharePoint Designer or Visual Studio
- work with the SharePoint user interface
- work with development toolkits in SharePoint 2010
- match the authentication methods in SharePoint 2010 with their correct descriptions
- work with access, permissions, and users in SharePoint 2010
- work with SharePoint security groups and elevated privileges
- expand on other user security concepts in SharePoint 2010
- work with authentication methods in SharePoint 2010
- work with security groups in SharePoint 2010