When you think of reasons for contacting the IT Department in your organization, it’s most likely to resolve a problem. Typically you contact them when something isn’t working right – whether it be a connection error, system crash, or other incident that impedes your ability to do your work. But more often than not Service Desks also field requests for numerous situations that don’t typically fall into the ‘out of order’ category, but require attention, time, and a quick turnaround – for example, someone needs a new password, to change an existing password, or they need to add a new software program to their machine. It is important for organizations to be able to manage these demands in an efficient way by having processes mapped out for these repetitive requests, and having dedicated staff to support these requests. This course provides an introduction to Request Fulfillment. Specifically, the course covers the purpose, scope, and benefits of Request Fulfillment to the organization. This course also covers the importance of Request Models, and the activities of Request Fulfillment including menu selection, financial and other approval, fulfillment, and closure. This course will assist the learner in preparing for the ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis certificate and is aligned with the ITIL® Intermediate syllabus. —————————————————- ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Employees from companies that provide or rely upon IT services; individuals looking to enhance their career prospects by pursuing the ITIL® Intermediate qualification Operational Support and Analysis certificate, a high-profile and highly regarded IT business certification.
ITIL® 2011 Edition OSA: Introduction to Request Fulfillment
- recognize the objectives of Request Fulfillment
- identify the scope of Request Fulfillment
- distinguish between Request Fulfillment and Incident Management
- specify what is included in a Request Model
- assess the set up of a Service Desk’s handling of service requests
- recognize how Request Fulfillment benefits organizations
- recognize how the Request Fulfillment process handles service requests
- assess the value Request Fulfillment provides to business, for a given scenario
- examine the Request Fulfillment process, for a given scenario
- resolve service request problems using the Request Fulfillment process, for a given example