With its blend of visual tools and powerful Transact-SQL language, SQL Server 2012 will continue to enjoy large market share in the relational database management sphere. Database developers that use SQL Server will experience measureable benefits from obtaining Microsoft’s MCSE certification relating to SQL Server 2012. This course is one of a series in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Exam 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server Databases. This series may also cover SQL Server 2014 features and functionalities as required by the exam objectives. This exam is one of the requirements for the MCSE: Data Platform certification path.
Database Administrator and developers who create and manage databases within their organization as part of their daily tasks. This can include creating the database objects, ensuring their security, implementing and ensuring data integrity, managing transactions and locks, and ensuring the server instance and database are running efficiently.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – Developing Databases: Implementing Indexes
- determine the most appropriate index type to use in a given scenario
- identify how to optimize index performance
- describe how to manage indexes in a given scenario
- identify how to maintain indexes in a given scenario
- identify how to repair fragmented indexes
- create and maintain indexes in SQL Server