SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is a component of SQL Server 2012, that for used for data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL). SSIS can be installed during the SQL Server 2012 installation or as a separate component later on. Before installing SSIS there are a number of installation considerations that must be addressed first. This includes upgrading from previous versions of SQL, the use of Windows 32-bit or 64-bit and various security requirements. These topics are discussed in the course, along with topics on packaging, deploying and executing SSIS packages.
Data Warehouse Developers and Database Administrators who create and manage business intelligence solution as part of their daily tasks, which include implementing data warehouse databases, extracting transforming, and extracting data as part of an ETL solution, and data cleansing.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – Implementing a Data Warehouse: Installing SSIS
- recognize the different methods of managing SSIS package execution
- describe reasons for monitoring the SSIS package execution
- to describe the considerations for SSIS install
- recognize the SSIS install procedure and its features
- identify the features of SSIS deployment
- recognize the stages involved in deployment of SSIS packages
- deploy SSIS and SSIS Packages in SQL Server 2012