This course covers the use of the HTML5 Web Socket API for implementing fast, lightweight web-based communications, as well as utilizing HTML5 Web Workers to implement efficient multithread processing in web-based applications.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012: Utilizing the HTML5 WebSocket API and Web Workers
- describe the elements of a WebSocket upgrade handshake
- recognize how to use WebSocket events
- demonstrate how to use a WebSocket to connect to an echo server and send and receive messages to/from the server
- distinguish between different types of web workers
- recognize Web Worker functionality
- demonstrate how to create and use multiple web workers to blur an image shown on the page as an HTML5 Canvas element