Windows 8.1 is the latest update to Microsoft’s desktop operating system. Windows 8.1 carries over, and improves upon, the new user interface from Windows 8. Windows 8.1 also adds enterprise oriented tools such as Workplace Join, to more consumer oriented features like Miracast Display. This course looks at Windows 8.1 networking covering IPv4 and IPv6, name resolution, and wireless networking. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the 70-687: Configuring Windows 8. This exam is part of the MCSA: Windows 8 certification path.
Anyone wishing to obtain knowledge on Windows 8.1, and candidates taking the 70-687: Configuring Windows 8 certification exam. The audience will also include established IT professionals who install, configure, maintain and support Microsoft Windows 8.1 client desktops, devices, and users within any size organization. Candidates who have general IT experience with working knowledge of Windows clients, the installation of client desktop operating systems, basic networking, security concepts, as well as Active Directory concepts.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 – Configuring: Network Configuration
- recognize key components of IPv4
- recognize IPv6 address types
- describe how to configure name resolution
- describe how to troubleshoot network issues in a given scenario
- recognize the features of different 802.11 standards
- describe how to begin troubleshooting a wireless network connectivity problem
- manage the configuration of a network in different scenarios