This course covers data center monitoring. Operations Manager is the System Center component designed to monitor the data center, and this course will cover how it is used, how to configure management packs and notifications, and how it can integrate with Virtual Machine Manager to provide automated remediation based on alerts triggered in Operations Manager. This course also covers compliance, how to use System Center to manage baselines for ensuring configurations. Finally this course looks at integrating with Service Manager and Orchestrator for automated remediation. This course is part of a series of Skillsoft courses that covers the objectives for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure. This exam is required for the MCSE Server Infrastructure certification.
IT Professionals working in data center environments based on Microsoft server technologies and seeking advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course can be taken in preparation for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure, which is part of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, or MCSE credential.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Advanced Infrastructure: Monitoring
- recognize which performance counters would be appropriate to monitor in a given scenario
- identify the components and server roles within Operations Manager
- identify the characteristics of Management Packs
- recognize how to configure integration between Operations Manager and Virtual Machine Manager
- monitor the Windows Server 2012 R2 data center
- recognize what can be added to a configuration baseline
- recognize how to create a configuration using PowerShell scripts