One of the key advantages of virtualized server infrastructure is the ability to move running VMs to shift loads from over-utilized hardware resources to under-utilized ones. This course covers VM movement, including storage migration and live migration. This course also covers virtualization infrastructure management with App Controller and Service Manager with Virtual Machine Manager. This course is part of a series of Skillsoft courses that cover the objectives for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure. This exam is required for the MCSE Server Infrastructure certification.
IT Professionals working in data center environments based on Microsoft server technologies and seeking advanced knowledge of Window Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course can be taken in preparation for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure, which is part of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, or MCSE credential.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Advanced Infrastructure: VM Administration
- distinguish between the types of VM movements
- order the steps in the storage migration process
- sequence the steps in a live migration
- describe how to configure dynamic optimization on a host cluster
- describe how System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager and App Controller work
- assess a VM mobility strategy for a given scenario