For organizations that have implemented virtualization and are looking towards private cloud and virtualized data center infrastructures, Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager is an important management tool. VMM helps manage and maintain control of virtualized infrastructure when deploying many VM hosts and their associated virtual machine instances. This course looks at implementing virtualization hosts and associated virtual machines in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. This course is part of a series of Skillsoft courses that cover the objectives for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure. This exam is required for the MCSE Server Infrastructure certification.
IT Professionals working in datacenter environments based on Microsoft server technologies and seeking advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course can be taken in preparation for exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure, which is part of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, or MCSE credential.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Advanced Infrastructure: VM hosts and guests
- sequence the steps for bare metal host deployment
- recognize object types that can be stored in VMM libraries
- define delegated administrator profiles
- distinguish tools used in planning a virtualized infrastructure
- sequence the steps required to create a virtual machine in VMM
- create a VM template in VMM
- sequence the steps to deploy a VM from the library in VMM
- manage hosts and guests in System Center 2012 R2 VMM