Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 builds upon features found in previous versions of Windows Server, as well as providing several new features. This course covers installing and managing Active Directory. The course also looks at Active Directory component and architecture as well as AD objects and schema. This course is the seventh in a series for the Microsoft MCSA in Windows Server 2012 R2 certification and prepares the learner for the 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
Candidates for this exam are Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system knowledge and experience and want to validate the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the Windows Server 2012 R2 core infrastructure services. Candidates who wish to pass the 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam will benefit from taking this course.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Installing and Configuring: Active Directory
- identify logical components in Active Directory architecture
- recognize supported installation methods for Active Directory Domain Services on Windows Server 2012 R2
- identify methods that can be used for in-place upgrades with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- recognize scenarios where domain controllers should be installed using the Install from Media option
- identify PowerShell commands for removing a domain controller
- identify reasons to utilize Active Directory Domain Services
- recognize tools used to manage users and computers in Active Directory
- recognize the function of offline domain join
- recognize appropriate commands to use in Active Directory Domain Services command line administration tools
- identify appropriate commands to perform bulk Active Directory operations
- identify elements of Active Directory related to installation and administration activities