Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 builds upon features found in previous versions of Windows Server, as well as providing several new features. This course examines installing the DNS Server Role, integrating Primary zones, setting up forwards and root hints, and working with the DNS cache. This course also examines creating records for DNS, and configuring and testing the DNS client using nslookup and ipconfig utilities. The course is the sixth in a series for the Microsoft MCSA in Windows Server 2012 R2 certification and prepares the learner for the 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – Installing and Configuring: DNS
- identify the characteristics of DNS name resolution in Windows Server 2012
- identify the characteristics of DNS deployment configurations
- identify zone record types
- identify how DNS forwarding works
- identify nslookup modes
- deploy and configure the DNS service in Windows Server 2012 R2