The strategic design and implementation of an operating system (OS) solution deployment requires a comprehensive understanding of all of the available tools involved in the OS design, customization, encapsulation, distribution and deployment process. Each new release of a Windows operating system brings new and newly named utilities, and it requires a forensic investigation to keep up with the new and deprecated OS servicing and deployment tools and utilities. This course discusses server deployment design, operating system deployment tools and techniques; including the use of the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit, the operating system deployment design process, and operating system deployment strategy using the Server 2012 R2 Windows Deployment Service server role. The course also includes consideration of server operating system upgrade, as well as cross-domain and cross-forest role server migration, server consolidation and system capacity and resource planning. Finally the System Center Virtual Machine Manager component, including service templates, operating system, hardware and compatibility profiles, image and template libraries, and logical network management are covered.
This course targets IT professionals looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to design, implement, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an enterprise scaled, highly virtualized environment. It is also designed for individuals who seek professional distinction through the 70-413 – Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure exam. Individuals that have experience working with Windows Server 2008 or later operating systems and Active Directory Domain Services and networking infrastructure.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2: Server Infrastructure – Server Deployment
- recognize common deployment scenarios supported by the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- match the ADK tool to its correct description
- recognize the best deployment method in a given scenario
- describe the factors you need to consider when configuring Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2012
- match the descriptions with the correct transmission types
- identify the features of Virtual Machine Manager
- recognize what makes up the fabric of a VMM facility
- describe the prerequisites that need to be adhered to before deploying a VMM Library server
- identify some of the configurable settings contained in a VMM profile
- sequence the stages in the VMM service lifecycle
- define VMM App Controller
- sequence the stages in the Server Role Migration Process with WSMT
- deploy a server infrastructure