Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into SharePoint web parts, visual web parts, master pages, layouts and other key presentation layer components. The course also looks at client object models for rich layouts such as Silverlight. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-576: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications. Passing this exam will earn the learner (MCPD): SharePoint Developer 2010 certification.
The audience for this path includes developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants who provide consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Candidates for the exam should have a the following prerequisites: Exam 70-573: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development, 3 years ASP.NET experience, 2 years experience developing with SharePoint 2007, and experience leading a development team.
Presentation Layers and Components in SharePoint 2010
- work with application pages in SharePoint 2010
- work with web part pages in SharePoint 2010
- create a Visual Web Part
- recognize the concept of Visual Web Parts
- work with application pages and Web Part pages
- develop visual Web Parts
- recognize the concept of master pages and create a master page
- create a branded master page
- work with page layouts
- recognize how to extend SharePoint’s UI using Silverlight
- develop a custom Web Part to host a Silverlight application
- work with master pages and page layouts
- work with Silverlight in SharePoint 2010